3-Day Mindful Meditation Retreat
From May 27 to May 29
Are you feeling overwhelmed, stressed, or just in need of a break?
Join us for an unforgettable experience of inner peace and rejuvenation.
Our skilled and experienced monks will guide you through the transformative practice of mindfulness meditation in a serene and tranquil setting.
Only 2 spots are available.
Things you can do at the retreat:
- Try different mindfulness activities like breathing and loving-kindness meditation, laughing, walking mindfully, and appreciating nature.
- Optional classes are available where you can share your experiences and learn about mindfulness.
- These activities are meant to help you relax, discover more about yourself, and feel closer to others.
Styles of teachings:
- We follow Buddhist teachings on mindfulness, which involve contemplating your body, sensations, mind, and Dhamma.
- We also practice spreading love and compassion to create a sense of harmony and well-being.
- We welcome beginners, intermediate learners, and advanced practitioners.
- Our monks will guide you and provide personalized support and insights.
Benefits of the retreat:
- Take a break from your busy life and reconnect with nature and yourself.
- Rediscover your inner self if you've been feeling disconnected.
- Reduce mental discomfort or stress you may be experiencing.
- Develop mindfulness, leading to happiness and bliss.
- Engage in meaningful conversations, learn from the monks, and connect with kind-hearted people.
- Enjoy peaceful walks in beautiful nature trails.
- Learn how to be mindful in everyday activities like eating, sleeping, walking, and talking.
- Have fun and form deep connections with a wonderful group of people on the same journey.
- 4.00 – 4.30 am – Waking up
- 4.30 – 4.50 am – Morning Tea/Coffee (Non-Dairy)
- 5.00 – 5.30 am – Morning chanting
- 5.30 – 5.50 am – Loving-Kindness & Gratefulness Meditation
- 6.00 – 6.30 am – Offering food to the Buddha (optional)
(If it is difficult for you to wake up early, you can follow the schedule from breakfast)
- 6.30 – 7.30 am – Breakfast
- 7.30 – 8.00 am – Break
- 8.00 – 9.00 am – Breathing meditation with a short sermon
- 9.30 – 10.00 am – Tea Break
- 9.30 – 9.45 – Personal or small group Q&A with a monk. (optional)
- 10.00 – 10.55 am – Loving Kindness Meditation with a Dhamma Talk
- 11.00 – 11.10 am – Offering Food to the Buddha (Optional)
- 11.15 – 12.00 pm – Lunch
- 12.00 – 12.25 pm – Break
- 12.30 – 12.55 pm – Walking Meditation & Mindfulness on Postures
- 1.00 – 1.25 pm – Chanting of Sathipattana Sutta
- 1.30 – 2.30 pm – Impermanent Meditation with a short sermon
- 2.30 – 2.45 pm – Break
- 2.45 – 3.30 pm – Contemplating on Impurities of the Body
- 3.30 – 4.00 pm – Afternoon Tea Break
- 3.30 – 3.45 – Personal or small group Q&A with a monk. (optional)
- 4.00 – 4.15 pm – Cleaning the rooms with mindfulness
- 4.15 – 5.30 pm – Individual Dhamma study or Q & A with monks
- 5.30 – 6.00 pm – Evening chanting
- 6.00 – 6.30 pm Meditation & listening to verses of Enlightened monks.
- 6.30 – 6.55 pm – Evening Tea Break
- 7.00 – 7.30 pm – A short sermon
- 7.30 – 8.30 pm – Q & A Session
- 8.30 – 8.55 pm – Silent Meditation
- 8.55 – 9.00 pm – Chanting of discourse on Loving-kindness
The Location of the Retreat Center:
Additional information about the meditation retreat:
When: From May 27th to 29th.
Cost: The meditation retreat is offered free of cost to the participants. Donations are welcome and will be directed to support facility maintenance at the Diamond Zen center and the projects of Dhammawood Meditation Center.
Rooms: Dual Occupancy.
End Time: The retreat will end at 3:00 pm on Monday, May 29th.
Meals: Breakfast will be served at 6:30 am and lunch at 11:15 am. We encourage participants to practice fasting after 12:00 noon, but our volunteers will be happy to arrange a light dinner if you make an early request.
Beds: Single mattresses and sleeping pads will be available.
Bedding: We encourage attendees to bring their own bedding and sheets.
Participants: Maximum 15 participants will be attending the retreat.
Please note that attendees are free to take breaks from the scheduled events at any time during the retreat.
We also highly recommend that attendees not use their phones during the retreat period, as this can be disruptive to the experience and other participants.
We encourage you to disconnect from technology and immerse yourself fully in the retreat.
If you are interested in participating in this serene mindfulness retreat, please fill out the form below and reserve your spot today.
Terms & Conditions.
Retreat Schedule: The retreat schedule is subject to change depending on unforeseen circumstances such as weather conditions or unforeseen events. The retreat schedule will be communicated to the attendees upon arrival and may be adjusted during the retreat.
Health and Medical Conditions: Attendees with health or medical conditions are responsible for consulting with their physician to determine if the retreat is appropriate for them. Attendees must notify the retreat organizers of any health or medical conditions they have at the time of signing up and at the start of the retreat.
Attire: Attendees are required to wear comfortable and modest clothing during the retreat. Please visit the Zen Center website for environment details.
Code of Conduct: Attendees are expected to conduct themselves in a manner that is respectful to others and the retreat environment. Any behavior that is disruptive or disrespectful to others or the retreat environment may result in the attendee being asked to leave the retreat.
Liability and Waiver: Attendees acknowledge that the retreat takes place in a monastery in the San Bernadino national forest , activities may involve physical activity and that they assume all risks associated with participating in the retreat. Attendees are responsible for their own safety and well-being during the retreat. Attendees release the retreat organizers, instructors, and hosts from any liability for injury or harm that may occur during the retreat.
Photography and Media: Attendees acknowledge that the retreat organizers may take photographs or videos during the retreat for educational material creation and social media purposes. Attendees grant the retreat organizers the right to likeness and photograph for such purposes.
Food Protection: Please be advised that food prepared by our devotees may contain or come into contact with Milk ,Eggs, Soybean, peanuts, tree nuts, fish and shellfish.